CARDS FOR SALE

Most cards you see on this site are available for purchase. Simply click the Pay Now button at the bottom of the post of an available card to purchase the card. You will be linked to PayPal for payment. It will come up as "greensnaggletooth@cox.net" which is the name of my internet company. Price is $5.00 unless otherwise stated and includes shipping. Your card will come with an envelope also. Email me with any questions or requests at: sharynsstampbiz@gmail.com
Thanks for taking a look at my creations!!

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Make Way For The Mod Girls

You know I love to watch old movies and old television shows.  I guess I like how simple life seemed to be and how easily problems could be solved.  But another thing I get a kick out of is seeing the little dresses worn by girls and the poofy hair that they had.  I do remember that they usually wore go go boots too.  So when I saw this punch art little girl by Ellen Kemper - the queen of punch - I had to make one.  I made one for my sample punch art board but never on a card.  Well all that changed today.  I decided to make a card that I could send to a friend as a birthday card or a just because card.  I think it turned out cute.  Let me show you the full card and then I will show the individual girls.



How cute are they?  As always let's start at the beginning.  I started with a base card of Calypso Coral cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4".  Next I added a layer of Basic Black cut at 4 1/8" x 5 3/8".   For the final layer on my card front, I cut a piece of Whisper White to be 4" x 5 1/4".   Once it was cut out, I took out a scrap piece of Calypso Coral, Daffodil Delight, and Baja Breeze.  I punched both 1/2" and 3/4" circles out of these and scattered them onto the white.  Once I had the pattern I wanted, I adhered the circles down using a runner adhesive.  Out came my big shot as well as the impression folder called Music Notes and ran the white with polka dots through to emboss it.  I guess when I think of the 60's, I also think of music.  I must have been thinking that these girls might have been a singing group or maybe they are at a dance.  See what happens when I let my mind run wild?!  Let's look a little closer at each girl.



Here is my little girl in Calypso Coral with Daffodil Delight polka dots.


Here she is in Daffodil Delight with Baja Breeze polka dots.  


And last but not least, here she is in Baja Breeze with Calypso Coral polka dots.  All the girls are made using the same punches so I will just go through them once.  Believe it or not, it only uses 3 punches - the owl builder, the 1" circle, and the 3/4" circle.  I did use the Blushing Bride card stock for their skin and Soft Suede for the hair.  The face is a 3/4" circle.  Once it is punched, punch a 1" circle around the hole.  This will be used for arms, legs, and neck.  Yes you can get all five pieces from one ring.  Her hands are the owl feet.  For her hair, the bangs are a 1" circle cut to be the length I want.  I snipped a few pieces out to make it more realistic.  The headband is a 1" circle punched around the hole of a 3/4" circle.  I make it wider on one side so her headband will be wide.  The last part of her hair is the back part.  It is the owl turned upside down with the feet cut off.  Her dress is the owl vest and you can use the smallest circle from the owl to make the polka dots.  I chose to use one more punch and used a 1/8" circle punch to make mine.  Finally her shoes are the heart from the owl builder cut in half.  I drew her face on using a fine tip black marker.  She is fast and easy to make.  You will need a pair of tweezers though to pick up all her small parts.  I added some dazzling detail glitter glue to the open circles of the music notes and to the headbands for sparkle!!

I don't know why this little girl brings a smile to my face but she does.  I hope she makes you smile too.  Tomorrow I will have another punch art card to share with you.  Please come back to see what it is.  Thanks for dropping by today.

6 comments:

  1. You are too clever. Absolutely adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love punch art projects. These are the best! Thanks for sharing your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very very cute! I like punch art best. And this is adorable! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete